Special Occasion Rich Buttercream Icing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I use heavy cream instead of the milk, it gives it a very nice rich taste. The longer you mix it (I do the 7 minutes) the whiter it will become.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, room temperature, softened
- 3 cups white Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear butter flavor extract (1 tsp salt)
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- cream all items together in mixing bowl.
- Mix well at a low to medium speed. Should take 5-7 minutes.
- Finished product should be light and fluffy.
- Room temperature stable 5-6 hours.
- Keeps in fridge up to 4 weeks or you can freeze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION