Special Marshmallow Cream Pumpkin Dessert
If you are a pumpkin lover like me..then here's a wonderful dessert you are sure to enjoy. A delicious ending for your guests or family to enjoy. (Note: plan ahead, this dessert needs to stay in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 lb marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 6 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Cool Whip, frozen topping thawed or 2 cups whipped cream, whipped,divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine gingersnaps, butter and sugar; mix well.
- Press into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- FOR FILLING: Combine marshmallows and cream in a double boiler over hot water, and stir until melted and combined.
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, spices and salt.
- Blend in marshmallow mixture; chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping OR whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Spread top with 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into serving-size squares, enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It was very easy to prepare this GREAT TASTING DESSERT! Followed the recipe right to the end & topped the whole thing with some toasted almonds! Actually made this in two bowl, & was going to take one to a neighbor but after 3 of us devoured the first bowl, I decided to hord it all right here! Thanks much for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Cookathon for Kittencal]Reply