Spareribs - Rub (Dry?)
- Ready In:
- Mix molasses and sugar together stir.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pull membrane off of ribs - found on site an easy way to remove the membrane is to work a spoon, into the bottom center of the membrane, work it back and forth to form a "pocket" then slide thumbs in and work the membrane off from the center outward to the ends.
- Use rub generously on spare ribs (I prefer cooking slowly at 200°F for about 4 to 5 hours, wrapped in heavy foil, finishing on outdoor grill).
- Rub is sufficient for two to three full rack of ribs or more - I tend to put a lot on.
- I have retained juices from cooking as extra sauce when serving ribs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!