MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Greek spinach pie made into neat little handheld delicious bites great for appetizers or hors d'oerves for a party. Even my 8 year-old who doesn't like spinach can't stop eating these.
- Ready In:
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 8 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 lb phyllo dough, 14-inch x 18-inch sheets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onions in oil until limp.
- Add the spinach and cook until limp; drain off any liquid.
- Let cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, feta, egg, crumbs parmesan, pepper, parsley, and nutmeg.
- Mix in the vegetables.
- Using one sheet of filo dough at a time, brush filo dough with butter and cover with a second sheet; brush lightly with butter again.
- Cut into 5 or 6 strips each about 3 inches wide.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of filling at one end of each strip.
- Fold each strip like a flag and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of filo dough with butter.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These came out very good and while they were easy to make they were quite time consuming. I baked half of them to have with soup for lunch today and froze the other half to use as appetizers for Christmas. The only change I made was to add 2 cloves of garlic with the onions just because just about everything is better with garlic.Reply