Spanish Tortilla With Roasted Red Peppers and Peas (Cook's Illus
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A twist on a Spanish classic. Serve at room temperature with olives, pickles, and garlic mayonnaise, such as Recipe #256103, for a tasty appetizer. For a main course, serve with a green salad.
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices (about 3 or 4 medium)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed and dried and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, toss together 4 tablespoons oil, potatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper until potatoes are well coated.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add potato mixture to skillet; reserve bowl.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in reserved bowl, whisk together eggs and 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Remove skillet from heat and scrape contents into eggs and fold until combined.
- Return skillet to stove and raise heat to medium high; heat 1 teaspoon just to smoke point.
- Add potato-egg mixture to skillet and cook, while shaking and folding mixture for 15 seconds; smooth top of mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook, gently shaking pan, until bottom is golden brown and top is set, about 2 minutes.
- Loosen tortilla from pan and slide onto a plate; place another plat over top and flip; slide tortilla back into skillet.
- Cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes and cut into wedges to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION