Spanish Steamed Mussels
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I was first introduced to preparing Spanish cuisine during a World Tour game on this site. Since then, I have greatly enjoyed making tapas and other Spanish recipes. This is an easy appetizer with some Spanish flair!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Spanish is preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry madeira wine or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- lemon wedge (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until softened. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and wine; bring to boiling. Cook and stir 2-4 minutes.
- Add mussels to pot; stir gently to coat. Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes or until mussels open fully (discard any mussels that do not open.).
- Spoon mussels and cooking liquid into individual bowls, sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges (if desired).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION