Spanish Rice ( Orange Rice)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium finely dice onion
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- on med heat in large skillet brown ground beef and onion.
- strain grease.
- add to meat and onion in skillet both cans tomato sauce , bell pepper and spices. (dont forget salt).
- Simmer till peppers are tender approx 30 minutes.
- stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice seperately .bring water and dash of salt to boil add rice, stir well, reduce heat, cover, simmer on low for approx 15 minutes or till rice is tender.
- when rice is done fold into meat sauce , mix well.
- 4 generous portions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always loved to cook! feeding others has become a hobby...I was a middle school teacher in the 80's in Baltimore, I am a watercolorist and potter. I love the water, and also find a trail ride very relaxing at times , especially in the fall. I have lived from Michigan to Hawaii so I have gained a great deal of knowledge about different cultures and foods. I have some great southern recipes if you are interested