Spanish Rice and Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Sauté bacon until crisp in a large frying pan; remove and drain on paper towels.
- Mix ground beef lightly with egg, breadcrumbs, and 1 teaspoon salt until well blended; shape into 16 small balls.
- Brown in bacon drippings in he same pan; push to one side.
- Stir onion, celery, green pepper, and chili powder into pan; sauté until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, water and remaining salt; heat to boiling, stirring lightly to mix; cover.
- Simmer, adding more water if mixture seems dry, about 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with saved bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>I live outside of Buffalo. My name is Barb.<BR>I'm a grandmotherof three. I'm on zaar every day checking out new recipes. And there are some great ones. The picture is my granddaughter Illeana.<BR>By img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg> <BR><IMG alt=/ src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg mce_src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <BR>my name is Barb. <IMG alt=/ src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg mce_src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg></P>