photo by Fit Cookin
- Ready In:
- To soften the potatoes you have a few choices, microwave is the quickest (1-2 minutes), steam (4 minutes) or boil (6 -7 minutes) until just cooked through and drain well.
- In a pan, add the oil on a low to medium heat and cook the onions until they soften (2 minutes).
- Add the peppers and potatoes to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture into a jug and beat with a fork. Add the chives and season this with a generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour the egg mixture in to the pan. Stir to even out the vegetables in the mixture.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes with the lid on until almost set and golden brown underneath.
- To finish put the frying pan under the grill leaving the handle outside the oven. After 1 or 2 minutes your dish is good to go.
- The beauty about this dish is that it can be eaten cold or kept and re-heated at a later time, while still tasting just as great.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!