MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious traditional Spanish dessert and is similar to cold custard, but creamier and with a hint of cinnamon.
- Ready In:
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 pints milk (not skim)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the cold milk mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- When the milk is starting to boil, remove the cinamon stick and add the mixture of flour, milk, eggs and sugar.
- Stir well over the heat until the custard thickens. Don't boil.
- Put the natillas into individual bowls or dessert glasses.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon powder.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation