Spanish Eggplant (Aubergine)
- Ready In:
- Place eggplant in salted water and let soak for 30 minutes; drain.
- Again cover with water and add onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper, cook until tender; drain and mash.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl place eggplant, oil, eggs and cracker crumbs.
- Mix well and place in greased casserole dish.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 350°F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband is spanish and did not like this dish (it was to bland). I fixed it again using only half of the bell pepper, removed the seeds in the egg plant before cooking, added 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1 pkt of Sazon Goya Con Culantro Y Achiote (hispanic seasoning). This time he thought it was much better, and wants it again. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Louisiana and am the office manager for a plant nursery. Love to cook. My favorite cookbook is New Southern Living by Nathalie Dupree. If I had a month off I would finish testing all of my new recipes. I have been testing quite a few of the new ones I have found on Recipezaar. There are a lot of great cooks here.