Spanish Chicken Salad
This tasty chicken salad is a meal on a plate! Recipe adapted from one found at cooks.com (cook time is chill time)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup cubed salami
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup baby green pea
- 3 radishes
- 1⁄2 cup green olives with pimentos
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large head boston lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 10 asparagus spears
- chopped parsley
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- Dice the potatoes; boil until just tender, then rinse in cold water.
- Blanch the asparagus spears in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Chop the red pepper. Slice the radishes and olives.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salami, potatoes, pepper, peas, radishes and olives.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the sherry, olive oil, vinegar and pepper. Pour over salad and chill.
- To serve: Slice the red onion. Chop the hard boiled eggs and fold into the chicken mixture. Line salad bowls with Boston lettuce leaves and fill with the chicken salad. Garnish with asparagus spears, chopped parsley and red onion rings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This might just be the perfect summer meal. It certainly worked for me :D. It has everything that you could want in it and it's substantial while managing not to overload you. I made a half amount and there was easily enough for 4. This is full of color and tastes great. Made for Spain, ZWT 8.Reply