Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (spanish brand best to use)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water
- 3 tablespoons of frozen sofrito sauce
- sazon goya with coriander and annatto (3 packets )
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, cut up
- garlic powder
- 1 peeled potato, chopped
- Spanish olives
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- yellow rice
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- Heat oil in a big skillet or sauce pan add frozen sofrito, cilantro
- season chicken with adobo and 2 packets of sazon until well browned.
- add every thing else and cook for 1/2 hour
- then add 1 can of beans and the other packet of sazon.
- cook for another half an hour, the last 5 min of cooking add spanish olives.
- serve with yellow rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a working married mother of four awesome kids. I love cooking esp baking. My girlfriend turned me onto this site because of a receipe we have both been trying to get and found here. I'll def try to contribute some that I've come up with as well as try new ones from here.