Spammy Whammy Bammy!
photo by The Spice Guru
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces grated Spam (SPAM Lite)
- 2 peeled medium potatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- GRATE one loaf of SPAM Lite using a medium-grate on cheese grater.
- PEEL and dice 2 medium potatoes into tiny cubes (about 1/4 inch -- about the width of a McDonald's french fry!).
- CHOP a peeled onion to 1/4-inch cut; measure 1/2 cup and set aside.
- SPRAY a non-stick skillet (no exceptions) generously with non-stick cooking spray, set over medium to medium-high heat.
- ADD potatoes and fry, turning and scraping bottom with a non-metal spatula as needed, until potatoes are just softened; REDUCE heat to medium.
- ADD chopped onions.
- COOK until onions are just translucent.
- ADD grated SPAM Lite and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- COMBINE well and cook SPAM, turning and scraping bottom with a spatula as needed until slightly crisped and browned.
- SERVE and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mathematician... Metaphysician... Magician in a test kitchen