photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- Seasoning is furikake or li hing mui. I have a stick of umami at home that you grate over food. Don't know what's in it.
- Cut spam in 8-10 slices. Start frying.
- Mix equal amounts of soy sauce and sugar. Pour over Spam as it is frying to make extra crispy. Fry to desired crispness.
- Use a musubi mold to construct musubi or improvise.
- On sheet of Nori, layer one scoop of rice, sprinkle of seasoning, slice of Spam, sprinkle of seasoning, scoop of rice and pack tightly into a nice rectangle the size of the Spam. Wrap Nori around and seal with some rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an easy recipe, since you just do it your own way! I didn't wrap the entire bundle, just used a strip to wrap around the otherwise completed Musubi (just the rice and spam, sprinkled with Furikake). I also added some Nori Komi Furikake to the cooled rice, to cut the saltiness of the Spam. Would make again!