Spam and Eggs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A hearty breakfast for the hungry! Fairly fast and easy.
- Ready In:
- 1 (340 g) can Spam
- 1⁄2 medium onion (to taste)
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces sliced pickled banana peppers (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons seasoning (I used Tony Cachere's, but failing that, 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, and cele)
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Dice the onion.
- Melt the butter, medium heat, in a very large frying pan or a chicken fryer.
- Dice the Spam (about 1/2" cubes).
- Saute the onion and the peppers until onions are soft.
- Add the spam to brown, stir every few minutes to get all sides. Add seasoning a little at a time while browning, every time you stir.
- While browning, scramble the eggs.
- When spam is browned, add the eggs to the pan. Stir regularly to promote even cooking of the eggs and thorough mixing of the ingredients.
- When about 2/3 done, add the cheese on top and cover the pan. Let the cheese melt as the eggs finish.
- Serve with Heinz 57 or Barbecue Sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION