Spam and Cheese Strata
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This has been the main dish at my family's Easter brunch for many, many years.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 16 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (approximately)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 12 slices American cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Spread one side of each bread slice with Miracle Whip.
- Place 8 slices of bread in the bottom of 2 - 8" x 8" greased glass baking dishes.
- Spread half of Spam over bread.
- Place 8 slices cheese over Spam.
- Spread the rest of the Spam over the cheese.
- Place 8 slices of bread on top.
- Cut 4 slices of cheese in 4 strips each, criss-cross on top of each bread slice.
- Slightly beat the eggs and mix with milk.
- Pour egg/milk mixture evenly over the sandwiches.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit one hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours uncovered.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION