Spaghettini With Clam Sauce
Simple, delicious and quick -- found this years ago in Eating Well magazine Oct/97 -- make it all the time and it never fails to impress. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces pasta, spaghettini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, reserve drained liquid
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried is fine
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Toast panko in frying pan until very lightly coloured, immediately remove to a plate and stir in dried parsley -- set aside.
- Start water for pasta, add salt and boil as package indicates.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet on medium high heat, add garlic and cook just until it starts to colour.
- Immediately add clam liquid and white wine.
- Cook until reduced by half, season with salt & pepper.
- When pasta is ready to your liking, drain and add to skillet along with clams.
- Stir well to mix everything -- divide between 2 plates -- top with toasted breadcrumbs and parsley -- serve immediately with tossed salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION