Spaghetti With Young Broad Beans and Goat Cheese
photo by DalmatiaGourmande
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces broad beans
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Remove the broad beans from their pods and wash them.
- Place broad beans in a small pot, pour water over them and cook for about 15 minutes When done, drain broad beans and save 4 ounces water from cooking.
- Peel broad beans from firm skin (using fingertips just press them out). Smash broad beans using fork, but be careful not to oversmash them. Leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, water from cooking, salt, pepper, crumbled goat cheese and finely grated garlic. Mix with smashed broad beans until combined. If necessary, add more olive oil.
- In a separate pot, cook spaghetti al dente in a generous amount of water and salt. When done, drain spaghetti from water.
- Combine spaghetti with pesto and serve warm topped with crumbled goat cheese (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!