Spaghetti With White Wine and Mussel Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Lovely recipe for entertaining or a romantic meal! To spice it up, remove the cream and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the white wine, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until reduced by half.
- Discard any mussels with cracked shells or which do not close when tapped.
- Add the mussels to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally.
- Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Add the cream, lemon juice and cooked spaghetti to the pan. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well to coat the pasta.
- To serve, place the pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle over the chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION