Spaghetti With Tomato, Chilli, Mushroom, Zucchini & Garlic
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 250 g pasta (spaghetti, fettucini, linguini etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chile
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthways & finely sliced
- 5 large portabella mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes (1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frypan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, chilli & onions & saute until just golden.
- Add the rosemary, zucchini & mushrooms and saute.
- Turn up the heat and add the tinned tomatoes. Saute until just thickening.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the tomato mixture in it. Mix with tongs & serve with parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy, quick lunch. Had a zucchini to use up, so this worked perfectly. No portabellas on hand, so subbed out a can of button mushrooms. My canned tomatoes had basil and garlic in them already, so I cut back on the amt of crushed garlic. Also added approx 1 tsp of salt. Note that the longer the "sauce" sits, the better the flavor soaks into the zucchini! Delish. Made or ZWT4.
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! My Hubby and I both agree that this is some of the best pasta we've had. I made it as directed with Jerusalem Artichoke Flour Fettuccine. Just PERFECT! I used fresh rosemary which just brought this over the top. My only addition was some coarse salt for serving. Freddy Cat says thanks for the pasta! Made for ZWT4.
see 3 more reviews