Spaghetti With Smoked Salmon and Mascarpone
- Ready In:
- Chop spring onions and fry in butter.
- Medium heat; add mascarpone and sour cream (low-fat version: replace with low-fat cream cheese and low-fat sour cream). Wait until it has melted and add mustard, salt, pepper, orange zest and juice (the amount of juice required varies; try it first with 1/2 orange, and add more if you want). Low heat, do not boil.
- Cook the spaghetti (angel hair is also delicious), and meanwhile pull the salmon in small pieces. Retain a bit of spaghetti-water.
- Immediately add the pasta to the sauce; you might need to add a bit of pasta-water.
- Put pasta on plates and sprinkle salmon and rocket on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was quick and easy to make, and we liked the sauce. Next time I'd toss the salmon pieces through the sauce during the last minute of cooking, rather than placing them on top. I used rocket, but think I'd have preferred parsley or even dill. If I were to use rocket again I'd either toss the leaves through the sauce before serving to soften them a bit, or shred them rather than just rip them into pieces as I did. Additional comment: My SO had the leftovers for lunch and thought it tasted far nicer with everything heated through. I will make it again soon, and post a rating.