Spaghetti With Kielbasa Latin Style
photo by Joanne
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 14 ounces polska kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick on a diagonal (I use Hillshire Farm made with pork, turkey and beef, no msg)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sofrito sauce, my Sofrito (or store bought)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boil for spaghetti, cook according to package al dente, reserving 2 cups or more of pasta water.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over med heat. Add olive oil and kielbasa. Cook, stirring occasionally until brown about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add sofrito, cook stirring for 3 minutes. Add chicken bouillon cube, oregano and black pepper to taste. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Add tomato paste (or tomato sauce), cook stirring 1 additional minute.
- Stir in 2 cups of water, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add 1 cup or more of pasta water depending on how thin or thick you like your sauce. Add drained pasta, toss to combine.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi, I'm Joanne from Brooklyn, NY. I'm a foodie! I love to cook, and share recipes.</p>