photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 300 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon pureed jalapeno
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (700 ml) jar pasta sauce
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated (can also use Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (use more if desired)
- salt and pepper
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add peppers; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce. Add jalapeno puree. Add more to taste if necessary.
- DRAIN spaghetti; toss with Romano cheese, margarine and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Place in greased 13x9-inch pan; top with layers of ricotta cheese, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- BAKE 20 minute or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am learning to cook through Recipezaar! I am not a natural in the kitchen so I really appreciate all the recipes and reviews that people post here! I also won't post any reviews that have less then three stars. I figure if someone liked the recipe enough to post it then it might be just my tastes. My favourite cookbooks are "The Vegetarian 5 Ingredient Gourmet", and "Company's Coming Diabetic Cooking". They both have lots of great recipes even though I am not a vegetarian or diabetic. <img src="http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/HolidayCardSwapBannerP-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/?action=view¤t=HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">