Spaghetti Sauce - With Peppers and Grass Fed Beef
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian spices
- 3 whole bay leaf
- 8 fluid ounces wine (sweet, white, blush, ect)
- 1 hamburger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- Smile, your about to make a nice sauce.
- Dice your peppers, onion and garlic combined them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute until tender. (Set Aside).
- In the same pan, brown the hamburger.
- Add the veggies back in and reduce to low simmer.
- In a large crock pot, or sauce pot, combine all of the canned tomatoes, sauce and paste an begin cooking on medium heat.
- Add the 8 oz of wine (you may substitute 1 tbsp of sugar if your wish).
- Stir in all of your spices, including the bay leaves, making sure to blend evenly.
- Add the beef, onions, peppers and garlic to the mix and slowly stir until blended.
- Let simmer on medium for 2 to 3 hours. (or all day in the crock on low).
- We often cook in a large crock pot as it allows us to start this recipe in the crock and cook all day on low (if time permits). This allows for the ingredients to be combined in the evening, stuck in the fridge over night, and started in the morning before leaving.
- This sauce can also be used for layering in a lasagna.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!