Spaghetti Sauce With Ground Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mmmmmmmm, ground chicken makes this spaghetti sauce lower in fat and calories, but it still has the flavor bursting through with the yummy tomatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 1 (500 ml) tomato sauce
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Drain excess fat under warm water.
- Add all ingredients (chicken included) in the pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low, simmering for 20-25 minutes.
- If you'd like at this point, you can take a potatoe masher (yeah, that's the technical term, right?) and mash the tomatoes into the sauce more. Serve over cooked pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION