photo by Shawn C
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 7 chicken legs
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup merlot
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- celery salt
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- In large dutch oven brown chicken legs, seasoned with salt and pepper and celery salt, in olive oil over med-high heat turning often with the lid on.
- Remove legs and take off skin, place chicken legs back in pot and add onion and garlic and let sweat until just translucent.
- Deglaze pot with wine for 2 minutes (being sure to scrape bottom of pot to remove bits) add carrots, then turn heat down to medium cook until wine becomes thick.
- Pour in tomatoes and sauce and add spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for minimum hour to 2 hours.
- Serve over favorite pasta along side a large garden salad and garlic bread.
- Top dish with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.