MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a honey of a comfort food casserole dish. From Southern Living. Freezes well.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, add the beef, garlic, salt and pepper to taste; cook, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is browned; drain.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, add the spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, egg, and garlic salt; stir to combine.
- Fold in the cooked noodles.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the Parmesan cheese.
- Top with beef mixture then remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was yummy. I substituted colby jack cheese because I simply didn't have any plain monterey jack. I also used 3 cloves of garlic (we love garlic), but it still seemed like it was missing something. Next time I may try just a little more italian seasoning or some mushrooms. Thanks for posting.Reply
see 15 more