Spaghetti a La Carbonara
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, finely cut
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the bacon in the olive oil in a small skillet until the bacon is crisp. Add the wine and reduce until the wine has evaporated.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and the cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti and return it to the hot saucepan. Add the egg and cheese mixture and the hot bacon fat and bits, stirring it in quickly. The heat of the spaghetti will cook the egg mixture.
- Correct the seasoning and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only came to cooking in my 50s, when we moved home to a tiny town with only a few restaurants. I'm always on the hunt for easy, flavorful recipes (often ethnic cuisines), and I'm always ready to try something new and different! In cold weather I gravitate to stews, soups, and casseroles of the not-too-heavy kind; in hot weather I love a salad or cold soup. Partly because of my husband's diabetes (I'm borderline) and partly out of indolence, baking is not my thing.