Spaetzle in Herbed Tomato Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olives or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 roma, tomatoes, cut into fourths and sliced (plum, 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked spaetzle noodles (4 cups)
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook tomatoes and garlic in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are tender; reduce heat to low.
- Stir in chives, basil, sour cream and mayonnaise. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is hot.
- Meanwhile, heat spaetzle as directed on package. Add hot spaetzle to skillet; toss to coat with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This smelled divine while cooking and tasted equally good. I had fresh chives from the garden and also used fresh basil leaf. The combination of the sour cream and mayonnaise was unique and really added to the depth of flavor. I couldn't find frozen spaetzle, so I used a 12-oz. package of dried spaetzle. This was a wonderful accompaniment to my German dinner. Thanks for sharing this. Made for ZWT6.