Soy Ginger and Chilli Fish.
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Pan fried fish medallions finished in a sweet ginger soy glaze .
- Ready In:
- 500 g firm white fish fillets
- oil, for pan frying
- flour, for dusting (plain)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spring onions (scallions) or 1/2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 chopped fresh chili pepper (you be the judge on that more or lessor omite)
- 100 ml good quality soy sauce (use good soy its important to the dish)
- Cut fish into medallion to maintain a thicknes of about 2 cm (11/16) and lightly salt.
- Heat a pan (cast is ideal) that can hold the fish without cramming it in.And add the oil once the pan has started to warm.You will need to judge this yourself and you may need to add as you go.
- While pan is warming start to dust fish with the flour and shake of excess.
- Get the oil to a haze as it needs to hot to start withas the fish will cool it when it hits the pan.
- Fry the fish in the pan turning when one side is browned and keep the heat up or it will stew.
- Test the fish is cooked by piercing with a fork.(this is the best wat as a frork tests more than a shewer (i cant tell you how to cook fish everybody has their own way )and if no resistance it is cooked.
- Remove from pan and onto serving dish.
- Add chilli ,onion,ginger and garlic to pan ad fry quickly untill softened.
- Add soy and sugar and mix untill sugar is disslolved and pan is deglazed.and pour the sauce over the fish and serve with stemad rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION