Southwestern Rice Pilaf
This is good as a side dish for bean burritos, chicken fajitas, or other Mexican food.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- Heat oil in large saucepan; saute onion until softened.
- Add next four ingredients (garlic through oregano) and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with oil.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and chiles; bring to boil and add corn.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Season with hot pepper sauce and serve with cilantro and scallions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION