Southwestern Grilled Chicken With Yogurt Salsa
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This sounds really interesting. Sounds low fat and I am interested to see the stats from Zaar. Let me know what you think! Some day I'll get around to trying all these new and tasty sounding recipes!
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mild green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into sixths
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into sixths
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into sixths
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- Combine yogurt and green chilies, onions, cumin and salt in medium bowl. Set aside 2/3 cup yogurt mixture for salsa; refrigerate. Pierce chicken liberally on both sides with fork; add to bowl with yogurt mixture, turning once to coat both sides. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Grill chicken and peppers over medium barbecue. Grill, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and peppers are crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- **To Broil: Place chicken and peppers on rack in broiler pan 4-5 inches from pre-heated broiler. Following above grilling directions.**.
- Meanwhile, prepare Yogurt Salsa by stirring mayonnaise into reserved 2/3 cup yogurt mixture; place in small serving bowl. To serve slice chicken (maybe spoon some salsa over top).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION