Found this one on the label of a chicken broth can - very tasty indeed.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, , divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook 1/3 cup of the green onions in butter until they are tender.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder.
- Heat to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous and beans; then cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
- Top each serving with cheese and remaining green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more