Southwest Tamale Pie
photo by children from A to Z
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can stokes green chile sauce with pork, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Measure 1/2 cup green chile sauce sauce; set aside.
- Add remaining sauce to ground beef. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in corn and olives. Spoon into a greased deep dish pie plate or a 1.5 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and the reserved chile sauce; mix well.
- Spoon over cheese layer.
- Bake 400 degrees for 25 minute or until corn bread is done.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. (I use extra cheese for the top).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.