photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) packages dry posole
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth or (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces can diced green chilies (optional)
- salt, to taste
- Soak posole for 4-8 hours. Drain water.
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 3 hours; then turn to LOW for 2 hours.
- Serve with Enchiladas, Black Beans, Spanish Rice, and Chopped Lettuce with Black Olives and Tomatoes.
- VARIATION: Dry posole can be found in the Mexican food department of the grocery store. If you cannot find dry posole, you can use canned hominy and skip to Step 2.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.