Southwest Grilled Avocados
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 Hass avocadoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces gold & white corn, strained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces black beans, strained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- corn chips, to serve with
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove pits from avocados and brush first with lemon juice, then extra virgin olive oil.
- Place avocados skin side down on grill for 2 minutes, turn and grill for 2 more minutes.
- With a spatula, carefully remove avocados from grill and spoon salsa into seed pits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love http://peoplestring.com/?u=sshupe I get paid to read snail mail and email. It is an awesome free portal where you get paid for what you are already doing on the web. I live in Utah with my husband and son. They are my taste testers and are very happy that I love to cook. During the summer we camp and cook via dutch oven. My falls and springs are filled with canning. When I am actually working I do medical coding from home so I can take care of my son. One thing I appreciate about Zaar is it keeps me from saying. <a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/?action=view¤t=dinner.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/dinner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/BBB2b3small-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=100%> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/pelysma/ssb08banner_300.jpg">