SOUTHWEST CHICKEN THIGHS
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mild paprika (or as needed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Season chicken generously with paprika, salt and pepper; set aside. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and clarified butter. Place thighs skin side down and cook until brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side; remove and place them on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and holding paper towels with tongs, remove most of the fat in the skillet, leaving about 1 ½ tablespoons Add red onion and celery; sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine to deglaze and remove any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Cook it down for about 1 minute.
- Add rosemary, chipotle purée, lemon juice and chicken broth; stir well and bring to a boil. When it starts, add lemon zest and continue stirring for another 2 minutes before adding corn kernels. Place chicken thighs skin side up back to the skillet, cover and transfer in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF; baste every 15 minutes.
- When cooking time is up, remove from the oven and transfer chicken thighs onto a plate, covering loosely with foil to keep them warm. Turn the burner to medium heat and pour in heavy cream. Stir well and cook until sauce thickens about 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon sauce over the chicken thighs and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.