Southwest Baked Potatoes
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat sour cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from the oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F
- Slice off tops of potatoes. Scoop out insides, keeping shells intact.
- In a medium bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in salsa and 1 cup of sour cream.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese over tops. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- Place potatoes on serving plates. Top with remaining sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro, olives, and jalapeno pepper on top. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved these! I did microwave the potato, and I used a Mexican 4-cheese blend (montery jack, asadero, cheddar, queso quesadilla), and a medium salsa. I was very pleasantly surprised how good the salsa was in this potato! Thanks Brenda for a great keeper. I can't wait to make this again. Made for ZWT5 2009.
We enjoyed these as a great change of pace for stuffed potatoes. I used green salsa since I was serving this with an entree that had red salsa. I mixed some of the cheese into the potato mixture, then sprinkled the rest on top. I cooked this entire recipe in the microwave; "baking" the potatoes and then cooking the finished product for about 5 minutes.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> 8724397"