Southerner's Specialty Eggnog
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
IMHO this is the single best eggnog recipe I've ever had. I've had it with both cognac and rum, never with brandy or whisky, though I suspect Jack Daniels would be wonderful for this.
- Ready In:
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 pints half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup brandy or 1/2 cup whiskey
- Whip yolks until yellow and thick.
- Add sugar gradually, blending as you go, until thick and well-blended (on high in the mixer).
- Add half-and-half little-by-little. Add vanilla, nutmeg and alcohol. Blend well.
- Beat whites of eggs until stiff peaks form.
- Add to yolk mixture. Strain into pitcher and serve.
- NOTES : You may increase the vanilla up to 1 tablespoon and the alcohol up to 1 cup, as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a fantastic eggnog recipe! We used egg substitute and left out the alcohol and we can't get enough. My son is an eggnog-aholic (he said when he gets to Heaven he's going to drink eggnog every day all day long) and he was VERY pleased. I love that it isn't so thick! Thank you for a new Christmas tradition for our family!Reply
see 5 more