Southern Style French Onion Soup
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a stock pot or large pan on medium heat and stir.
- Add onions and continuelsy stir until tender and translucent.
- Slowly allow to caremalized at a low tempture.
- Add chicken or beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Laddle soup into individual, oven safe, serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top.
- It can also be broken into pieces, whixh ever you desire.
- Layer cheese on top of bread.
- Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm disable now for a couple years. I was in sales for 25 years and was a policeman for 5 years before that and just floated around a few years before that. I've been married to the same gal for 30 years, got two sons and two grandchildren. I got into the recipe seen and have got hooked on it, I'm not a cook but I'm learning as I go. Enjoy reading the different recipes.