Southern Style Catfish Tacos
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A conglomeration of TexMex and soul food...what else! Can sub fish of your choosing. Note: For the ultimate experience, keep your condiments and toppings cool and your fish hot.
- Ready In:
- 3 large limes, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas or (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- creamy ranch salad dressing (Marie's is the best)
- ripe avocado, sliced
- tomatoes, diced
- fresh cilantro, minced
- sour cream
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime over fish. Combine cornmeal and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Pat fish dry with paper towels and place in bag, shaking to coat.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large deep skillet; heat to 325 degrees. in batches, fry catfish in the hot oil 2 - 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place catfish in warmed tortillas; top evenly with cabbage, desired amount of salad dressing, salsa and toppings. Cut remaining 2 limes into wedges and serve with tacos.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION