Southern Caesar Salad With Honeyed Cornbread Croutons
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I'm keeping this recipe here for safe-keeping! It was made with Pillsbury cornbread twists, which are now discontinued.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces country ham, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- honeyed cornbread crouton (see ingredients below)
- Combine first 5 ingredients, and mix well with a wire whisk. Cover and chill an hour or more.
- Cook ham in peanut oil in a skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until browned. Drain on paper towels. Let Cool.
- Combine lettuce and pecans in a large bowl, add dressing, tossing gently. Put ham strips on top and sprinkle with Honeyed Cornbread Croutons.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION