Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Ready In:
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- mix dry ingredients.
- add butter (fresh from fridge - not softened).
- cut with a pasty blender or two knives.
- pour in the buttermilk.
- mix just enough so ingredients are barely combined.
- if you feel the need to keep stiring say this mantra "tougher biscuits, tougher biscuits).
- place dough on floured surface and gently spread to about 3/4 inch thick.
- use knife to cut into squares, rectangles, or possibly cut like a pie for scones.
- place on cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- (optional)use pastry brush to coat with heavy cream if you desire a shiny biscuit top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a housewife with two daughters. My favorite cookbook is Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld which I almost did not buy because I did not want to "deceive" my kids. Instead, I flat out told them I put spinach in the brownies and they told me they did not like them that way. We have a rule that you do not have to eat what you do not like but you should try everything. We do not eat things with high fructose corn syrup, nitrates, BHT, hydrogenated fat, or sodium benzoate. We do not buy products made with palm oil either. We eat mostly organic produce and always organic meats & dairy.