Southern Baked Ham
This is the ham I use for the big holidays. Everyone looks foreword to it. My secret is that it's so easy. I pour the extra sauce in a small dish and use it for the ham--or my favorite is to pour it on homemade mashed potatoes. It's a VERY sweet sauce!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- any kind ham (I suggest boneless and not fatty)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- In a bowl mix together mustard and honey well.
- In a separate bowl mix together sugars.
- Coat ham with mustard mixture.
- Coat ham with sugar mixture.
- Bake as directed on ham package.
- Mustard and sugar will turn into a dark brown sauce. When that happens, start basting the ham every 15-20 minutes until it's done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This has been the best recipe for ham I have ever made. My family is not a big fan of ham- something I became aware of AFTER I had already purchased the ham! - but decided to give this recipe a chance. Even my teenage daughter, who recently discovered that she hates ham (along with many other things), declared that she loved this one. I'll take that as a win!Reply
I am not a huge fan of ham except for "Honey Baked Ham Company" hams. I made this for 16 friends and family for Easter and it got really rave reviews. The ham was moist and flavorful. I had 18 pounds of ham (2 hams) and had leftover mustard. I would 1/2 the mustard sauce next time, but other than that, not change a thing!Reply