South of the Border Hash Brown Bake
photo by Simply Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups AllWhites® egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups Crystal Farms® Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl combine AllWhites® and milk; mix well. Add hash browns, black beans, corn, red pepper and 1 cup cheese. Stir to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are browned.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Continue baking for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Simply Potatoes are made with real, fresh potatoes (never frozen). With ingredients like real whole milk, butter and half & half, you get rich, hearty potatoes that taste like you made them from scratch, only you didn’t. Simply Potatoes are quick and convenient, serving up homemade taste without the hassle of shredding, peeling or mashing. You’ll find a flavor for every craving, and a cooking time for every schedule, from creamy mashed potatoes, to crispy cut potatoes and classic side dishes; all ready in minutes. Try these fun, savory recipes inspired by the simple goodness of Simply Potatoes.</p>