South of the Border Chicken and Pasta Skillet
- Ready In:
- 2 cups pasta, medium-size, uncooked
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces (about 1lb.)
- 16 ounces salsa (about 2 cups)
- 10 ounces frozen corn, unthawed (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup kraft mexican style finely shredded four cheese, divided
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat for 6 minutes or until done. Add salsa, corn, cream cheese and cumin; simmer on medium-low heat 6 minutes or until corn is heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet with half the shredded cheese. Simmer 3 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining shredded cheese; cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm from a small town in southern West Virginia. I've been married for just over 11 years. It's just me and Chad at home. Chad is slowly recovering from necrotizing pancreatitis so I've had to take over the cooking. Chad is on a feeding tube and is very limited on what food he can eat, for now. For now, I use this site mostly for quick and inexpensive meals for one...until Chad can rejoin me at the dinner table.</p>