South Dakota's Own! Venison, Lamb or Beef Chislic
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 cup French dressing (Dorothy Lynch is best or $notetemplate1$)
- 1 1 lb lamb (remove all fat, cut into 1-2 inch chunks) or 1 lb venison (remove all fat, cut into 1-2 inch chunks)
- garlic salt
- hot sauce
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. (quantity depends on size of meat pieces).
- Cut meat roast into bite size pieces.
- Marinate meat in the Dorothy Lynch and Zesty Italian dressing for 30 minutes to overnight. (the longer the better!).
- Drain dressing off meat. Place meat evenly on wooden skewers.
- Grill chislic at a high temperature until cooked to desired temperature. (most chislic is cooked to medium rare to medium).
- The chislic can also be broiled in the oven or placed in a deep fat fryer. (do not skewer meat if you are preparing it in the fryer).
- Serve with garlic salt and hot sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation