South Dakota's Own! Venison, Lamb or Beef Chislic
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. (quantity depends on size of meat pieces).
- Cut meat roast into bite size pieces.
- Marinate meat in the Dorothy Lynch and Zesty Italian dressing for 30 minutes to overnight. (the longer the better!).
- Drain dressing off meat. Place meat evenly on wooden skewers.
- Grill chislic at a high temperature until cooked to desired temperature. (most chislic is cooked to medium rare to medium).
- The chislic can also be broiled in the oven or placed in a deep fat fryer. (do not skewer meat if you are preparing it in the fryer).
- Serve with garlic salt and hot sauce.
Delicious! I will be definitely be serving Chislic again. My Mom used to make this a lot while we were growing up (she's from SD too). I hoped that these would be similar to how she used to make them. I used top sirloin, and marinated the cut up meat in a large ziploc bag. The meat only marinated for 30 minutes and was long enough to be able to taste the marinade, but I wish I would have let it sit longer. I grilled these on our gas grill, and let everyone add their own garlic salt and hot sauce to taste. It turned out fantastic. I can't wait to try this again, maybe with venison, or maybe deep-fat fried? Simply loved it! Thanks for posting!