South Beach Summer Chicken Tagine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A Moroccan stew with chicke, olives and zucchini.
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pieces lemon zest, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 20 pitted medium green olives, halved
- 1 pinch salt
- Chop 1 clove of the the garlic, lemon and 1 tablespoon of parsley to make a rough paste. Set aside.
- Mince remaining clove and mix with coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium then add chicken and brown for 4 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Again on medium, add onion and spices (not paste) and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and scrape up the bits. Bring to a simmer then return chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, olives, remaining lemon zest and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low, add paste, cook covered for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION