South Beach Friendly Cauliflower
Aside from the Feautatoes on the South Beach Diet, this is a great alternative. I originally posted this recipe without the addition of the spinach but once I tried it I just had to add it to the recipe. Amount of spinach is optional, however, I found a full bag to be perfect.
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Break cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Stir to combine flavors.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Optional: Spinach can be added if desired. Place the fresh spinach on top of the cauliflower once it is browned to you liking. When spinach is wilted, stir to combine. Or, cook spinach separately and add to browned cauliflower, and combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious! I have had this in my cookbook since it was posted and am kicking myself that I could have eaten this MANY more times if I had only made it sooner! The only hard part about this is cutting up the cauliflower. Browning the cauliflower adds such depth to its flavor! And the spinach adds such color. These are not two vegetables I would have thought to put together but they compliment each other so well. This will be a much repeated dish at out house, thanks for sharing it with us.